700 University City Boulevard
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Special Deliveries is a weekly case management program based on a home visitation model of service for prenatal women and families with young children. We specifically work with women and families who have needs regarding substance use disorders, mental illness, and parenting.
Who do we serve?
We serve mothers and their young children (birth to age 5) living in the New River Valley. Children must be younger than age 3 at the time of referral.
During visits, case managers share age-appropriate fetal and/or child development information with parents, address parent concerns, and engage the family in activities that provide meaningful child interaction. Staff also provide services and referrals specific to any issues with parenting, mental illness, or substance use disorders.
Special Deliveries provides:
- Case management services to women and families with substance abuse, mental health, and parenting issues who are pregnant and/or have small children.
- Case management services to at-risk children for behavioral and emotional problems. Services at some local high schools to accommodate needs of teen parents.
- Parents As Teachers curriculum (information on fetal development, child development and parenting)
- Monthly “Mommy and Me” support groups in both Pulaski and Montgomery counties
- ”Baby Bucks” program to earn “bucks” toward purchase of baby items
- Linking to individual and group counseling services, as well as psychiatric services (as needed)
- Assistance with getting to appointments and locating available community resources