New Horizons Crisis Stabilization
New Horizons provides short-term residential treatment
options for individuals struggling with a psychiatric crisis. A stay at New
Horizons offers a safe, supportive and friendly environment where one can
face life's challenges.
offered at New Horizons include:
• Group and individual counseling
• Peer support services
• Coordination with other treatment providers within and outside of NRVCS
• 24-hour safety monitoring
• Case management
• Transportation services (if necessary staff are available)
can I get services from New Horizons?
Services at 540-961-8400 and let them know you are interested in receiving
services at New Horizons. A clinician will meet with you to discuss your
needs and help determine if New Horizons will best meet these needs.
at New Horizons is paid in full for persons who are covered by Medicaid.
Individuals who are not Medicaid eligible will be billed for fees which are
based on a sliding scale.
you can expect at New Horizons
• To be actively
involved in making a personal recovery plan
• To participate in group and individual therapy
• To be evaluated for medications
• To participate in preparation of meals
• To remain at the site during treatment, as New Horizons is a 24-hour
you should bring for your stay at New Horizons:
medications in their original prescription bottles
• Shower shoes and toiletries
• A phone card for any long distance calls
• Approximately one week's worth of clothing, including pajamas or sweat
pants to sleep in (bedroom doors are left open overnight)
• Medicaid, Medicare or other payer cards to cover prescription costs
You may also bring cigarettes or tobacco products (to be checked in with
leave the following at home:
• Valuables -
including jewelry, electronics,
• Weapons of any kind including pocket knives
• Any toiletries in glass bottles or those containing alcohol
• Clothing with sexual or offensive logos/language