NRVCS is pleased to offer a driver improvement course, based on a curriculum established by the National Safety Council. This course is available to employees of NRVCS, as well as members of the general public.
The class is suitable for individuals who:
- Are ordered by the court and/or DMV to attend an 8 hour driver improvement course;
- Wish to take voluntarily for safe driving points and to increase their knowledge and awareness of the everyday driving environment; or
- Wish to pursue reducing automobile insurance rates.
Cost and Payment:
- Cost for 8-hour class is $75.00, and due the day of the class
- Cost for retesting is $25.00
- Cash, check, or credit card is accepted (participants should check with the front desk to learn which cards are accepted (Visa, MasterCard, etc.)
- No refunds
Materials necessary for class:
- Photo ID is required (driver’s license or other DMV issued identification cards)
- All other materials are provided
- A certificate will be received upon successful completion of the course
- We electronically submit the completion of the course to DMV at no additional charge
- Please bring any letters or paperwork issued from the DMV or court requiring the completion of a Driver Improvement Course
- Classes are usually offered around the 3rd and 18th of every month (contact us for specific dates)
- To register, or for additional details, call 540-831-5911 or email us (Transportation@nrvcs.org)
- All courses are taught at NRVCS’ administrative offices located at 700 University City Blvd. Blacksburg, VA
- Classes are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.